ABC News reported that newly released U.S. diplomatic cables indicate that Ireland caved in to Vatican pressure to grant immunity to church officials in the government probe of decades of sex abuse by Irish clergy in the predominantly Catholic nation. That the Holy See used its diplomatic immunity status as a tiny-city state to try to thwart Ireland’s government-led probe has long been known. But the WikiLeaks cables, published by Britain’s The Guardian newspaper on Saturday, contain delicate, behind-the-scenes diplomatic assessments of the highly charged situation.
ADM Cocoa amazon arizona bank bank of america censorship citibank citigroup corruption fifa goodyear government iceland illegal seizure infraguard insurance internet iran ireland ivory coast law leaks legal mafia mexico middle east military netherlands news patriot act paypal philosophy poll prudential republicans ripoff scam secret sex supreme court theft united states vatican war wikileaks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- List of ultra-elite attendees reported to have attended the 2010 Koch strategy meeting
- Complete list of politicians who continued to support Donald Trump in his bid for presidency
- Six banks to pay $4.33 billion in fines over allegations they manipulated foreign exchange rates
- Obama: NSA must divulge unknown bugs like Heartbleed – unless the bug works to their advantage
- During an era of public outcry against government corruption, the Supreme Court conservatives strike down limits on campaign contributions